Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor
About EQWIP HUBs
EQWIP HUBs is a global network of innovation spaces where youth develop market-relevant skills and gain access to the mentorship, networks, technology and capital to transition to the workforce or to launch a new wave of youth-owned enterprise. Hosted by local Partner Organizations in 12 urban centers across Bolivia, Ghana, Indonesia, Peru, Senegal, and Tanzania, EQWIP HUBs is a unique platform for youth peer-to-peer collaboration.
EQWIP HUBs is a joint project of Canada World Youth (CWY) and Youth Challenge International (YCI), two world-renowned catalysts of innovative youth development and global exchange solutions, with generous funding support from the Government of Canada.
EQWIP HUBs is looking for Monitoring & Evaluation Advisors who will collaborate with local partner organizations, supported by the in-country Knowledge & Learning Manager. Your volunteer role will be to develop and strengthen the projects platforms that support, monitor and evaluate youth involvement in employment and business training and support opportunities.
As a Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor, you will support the development and strengthening of the monitoring and evaluation system of the partner organization. By utilizing data and evidence, you will support and inform programming, foster learning and help understand and communicate the project’s impact.
As a volunteer you will:
- Support partner organizations to implement activities related to M&E as identified in the capacity development objectives outlined in their Partner Sustainability Plan
- Support the partner organizations in designing/enhancing their monitoring and evaluation systems
- Support partner organizations with implementation of a monitoring and evaluation systems, including but not limited to providing training, coaching tool development, implementation of internal monitoring processes, data analysis/triangulation and report writing
- Support partners with development of a management information system (where necessary)
- Support fellow volunteers fulfilling the Gender Equality Advisor role in designing indicators to measure gender responsiveness of local partners’ programs
- Apply capacity building principles in the development and implementation of all activities
- Develop, document and share all tools and materials developed with partners and country staff;
- Contribute to gender equality objectives of the project by ensuring the participation of women in all activities
- Additional responsibilities and tasks to be assigned as required.
Qualifications and skills:
- 3-5-years work experience in monitoring and evaluation
- Educational background or certification in monitoring and evaluation, program/project management, social sciences, international development, knowledge management, business administration, or related field
- Experience with software packages for data entry and analysis
- Report writing skills
- Experience with training or facilitation is considered an asset
Terms and Conditions:
You must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident to be eligible for this volunteer placement.
Most costs related to this placement are covered. EQWIP HUBs offers the following conditions that cover basic living expenses while in-country. They include:
- Support and guidance prior to departure and while on assignment in country
- Online pre-departure training
- In-country orientation and briefing upon arrival in-country
- Language training in-country where required
- Return international flights and visa costs
- Health and emergency insurance
- Modest monthly living allowance while overseas. This allowance covers communications, housing and food costs and other typical monthly living expenses
Volunteers contribute to youth innovation
Successful applicants undertake to fundraise prior to departure. Volunteer contributions support the Youth Innovation Fund which provides small grants to local youth business start-ups. Fundraising goals are between $2,950 and $3,900 and based on placement length.