16 Jul HR and Admin Coordinator
Company Name: Canada World Youth
Project Title: EQWIP HUBs Powering Youth Innovation for Sustainable Livelihoods
Start: As soon as possible
Working Location: Ottawa, Canada
Schedule: Contract End Date: December 31, 2019
Annual Salary: CAD $50,821 (Non-Union)
Benefits Package: Group insurance, RRSP
ABOUT EQWIP HUBs
Do you want to work with a team of energetic, skilled and passionate individuals who are motivated to create innovative solutions for sustainable youth livelihoods? If yes, then EQWIP HUBs is the team for you!
Powered by Canadian leaders in global youth development – Canada World Youth (CWY) and Youth Challenge International (YCI) – the EQWIP HUBs project is a global network that connects Canadian volunteers, youth participants, and international partners through innovative programming in six developing countries.
Through 18 partnerships in Bolivia, Ghana, Indonesia, Peru, Senegal and Tanzania, EQWIP HUBs offers entrepreneurship and employment training so that young people, especially women, can come together to gain market-relevant skills and learn from mentors. Our youth focused collaborative and tech-friendly approach is unique. By working in partnership with global peers – we can create a better future for all. Together, we’re on a mission to change the lives of 100,000 youth by 2020.
Canada World Youth & Youth Challenge International
Each recognized as Canadian leaders, CWY and YCI bring a combined 70 years of expertise in global youth development. Forty thousand young people around the world have been transformed through CWY’s world-renowned global reciprocal exchange programs and YCI’s youth innovation initiatives, proving young people can lead real change in global health, the environment, and youth livelihoods.
The Human Resources and Administration Coordinator, reporting to the Finance Manager, will be responsible for coordinating day-to-day HR processes,, ensuring all statutory obligations are met vis-à-vis contract staff, and office administration In coordination with Finance and Programs Department, the HR Coordinator will research, recommend, and implement actions related to the wind-up of operations in Canada and six international countries.
- Serve as the HR focal point at the head office for local overseas staff on HR resources management matters
- Maintain up to date records of country HR laws, policies, regulations etc.
- Lead the process to recruit, onboard and deploy short term consultants to cover gaps in country capacity as required
- Process, track and monitor vacation requests and sick time
- Maintain HR Administration and systems; including timesheets/database/filing etc.
- Provide regular written HR updates that anticipate issues and provide recommendations for resolving these
- Maintain inventory of Ottawa office equipment and assets
- Lead in HR and Coordinate with other departments to ensure physical and electronic documents are organized and transferred to storage
- Coordinate logistics around the closure of the Ottawa project office
- Monitor country office closure plans
- Perform other duties as delegated by the Finance Manager
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Degree in Human Resources or a related discipline and/or CHRP or CHRL designation
- Previous experience as a generalist or combined specialist experience in one or more functional areas (e.g. Employee Relations, Employment Law, Staffing, Compensation, Organizational & Educational Development) is an asset
- Excellent information management skills, synthesizing and organization key information for decision making and archiving
- Strong problem-solving skills, with a track record of implementing new initiatives with successful outcomes
- Excellent judgment and listening skills with the ability to handle confidential and sensitive issues with diplomacy, discretion and integrity
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- English fluency required
Deadline to apply: Wednesday, September 11, 2019 at 11:59pm EST. Applications will be considered upon submission. Please submit your cover letter and CV as a one document Word or PDF e-mail attachment to email@example.com with “HR Coordinator” in the subject line. Applications will not be considered beyond the deadline.
No phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.