Online Community Advisor
About EQWIP HUBs
EQWIP HUBs is a global network of innovation spaces where youth develop market-relevant skills and gain access to the mentorship, networks, technology and capital to transition to the workforce or to launch a new wave of youth-owned enterprise. Hosted by local Partner Organizations in 12 urban centers across Bolivia, Ghana, Indonesia, Peru, Senegal, and Tanzania, EQWIP HUBs is a unique platform for youth peer-to-peer collaboration.
EQWIP HUBs is a joint project of Canada World Youth (CWY) and Youth Challenge International (YCI), two world-renowned catalysts of innovative youth development and global exchange solutions, with generous funding support from the Government of Canada.
EQWIP HUBs is looking for Online Community Advisors to support IT Managers and partners in country to strengthen the implementation of the project’s digital platforms, including the project’s eHUB, and to improve youth’s digital literacy.
The eHUB is EQWIP HUBs’ digital platform developed by our partner Taking IT Global (TIG) that serves as a digital space for global engagement of youth, volunteers and staff. The platform also supports monitoring and evaluation activities through events and participation tracking. Country offices use the online community to promote activities and share stories from our global EQWIP HUBs spaces. The eHUB supports youth participant learning through discussion forums, resource libraries and learning extensions modules that complement classroom training.
As a volunteer you will:
- Support digital literacy skills development, including delivery of orientation and training and the provision of ongoing coaching to youth
- Support the integration of online learning into the training program, including supporting youth’s completion of interactive learning extension modules
- Support local staff in managing and update of the eHUB
- Support ongoing monitoring and reporting of participant engagement with the eHUB, including conducting focus group discussions and user interviews
- Identify additional digital opportunities and activities that enhance support to youth participants to access employment or manage their business
- Employ capacity building principles in the development and implementation of all activities
- Develop, document and share all tools and materials developed with partners and country staff
- Contribute to gender equality objectives of the project by ensuring the participation of women in all activities
- Additional responsibilities and tasks may be assigned based on HUB and Partner Organization priorities
Qualifications and skills:
- Post-secondary studies in communications, marketing or other relevant fields
- Knowledge and interest in leveraging technology to support international development and sustainable livelihoods
- Experience with Microsoft Office and a high level of internet literacy
- Ability to troubleshoot basic technical software and hardware issues
- Knowledge of social media for social change, internet collaboration tools, and content management systems
- Facilitating and training experience
- Able to thrive as part of a team, in person and remotely
- Require minimal supervision and to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written), and organizational skills
- Experience with e-learning is an asset
- Experience with survey collection, conducting interviews and/or focus groupsdiscussions is an asset
Terms and Conditions:
You must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident to be eligible for this volunteer placement.
Most costs related to this placement are covered. EQWIP HUBs offers the following conditions that cover basic living expenses while in-country. They include:
- Support and guidance prior to departure and while on assignment in country
- Online pre-departure training
- In-country orientation and briefing upon arrival in-country
- Language training in-country where required
- Return international flights and visa costs
- Health and emergency insurance
- Modest monthly living allowance while overseas. This allowance covers communications, housing and food costs and other typical monthly living expenses
Volunteers contribute to youth innovation
Successful applicants undertake to fundraise prior to departure. Volunteer contributions support the Youth Innovation Fund which provides small grants to local youth business start-ups. Fundraising goals are between $2,950 and $3,900 and based on placement length.